We understand the importance of providing cutting-edge features and functionalities to Miro developers. Our team is dedicated to continually innovating, developing, and evaluating experimental features to provide Miro developers with high-quality features and functionalities. By conducting a thorough evaluation of these features prior to release, we aim to provide the best possible developer experience.
The experimental release of the mind map item supports Web SDK CRUD operations. At the moment, mind maps are created with auto-layout positioning. We currenlty do not support the following in this experimental release:
- Manually changing positions of mind map nodes
For more information, see the following documentation resources:
- Mind maps concept topic
- Mind maps reference guide
- How-to guide on creating a mind map from a CSV file
We are evaluating and developing the following points for future iterations of the mind map widget:
- Mind map styles: For example, connector shape (elbowed/curved), node color, font size, font color, font style.
- Children positioning: Free positioning of nodes.
- REST API CRUD for mind maps: Addition of REST APIs for mind map CRUD operations.
In our endeavor to extend our features and functionalities, this experimental release of shapes now supports flowchart shapes in addition to the basic shapes that we support in production. This experimental release supports only read operations for flowchart shapes via the following APIs:
- Get shape item (experimental)
- Get items on board (experimental)
- Get specific item on board (experimental)
Flowcharts help map out a process in a visual way. This way to represent processes helps assess the workflow, as well as identify bottlenecks or potential flaws.
We appreciate your feedback during this process, as it will help us improve our platform and create a better experience for everyone. Share your feedback with us on our Community forum or Discord channel.