Audit logs allow Company Admins to track changes made within all company teams and boards. Audit logs are extremely useful when you need to troubleshoot a problem or when you need to get a detailed report of important events, such as changes to the global security settings, invitations of new users, new boards created, and so on. This is vital for security, compliance, and troubleshooting purposes.
Some of the use cases for Audit logs include:
- Security Monitoring: Quickly identify suspicious activities.
- Compliance Reporting: Easier generation of compliance reports for audit purposes.
- Debugging: Trace back system errors or misconfigurations.
- User Behavior Analytics: Understand how end-users are interacting with the system.
To access audit logs:
- Create an application and set it to use the
- Install the application on any team in the organisation.
Important: The installer must be a Company Admin in this organisation.
- Use the
access_tokenyou received from the installation to retrieve audit logs via the audit logs endpoint.
Apps that use audit logs must be installed by the Company Admin.