Add images to a board: specify a URL or drop a file on a board.
The image item adds an image on a board in one of the following ways:
- Drag and drop a locally stored image file on the target board.
- Copy-paste to the board a URL pointing to an image file.
If the Miro account associated with image resources hosted on Miro is deleted, the images are stored on Miro for 180 days after the account deletion.
Figure 1. Image item.
Miro REST API
The Miro REST API returns geometry data only for images that were originally uploaded through the REST API.
Currently, the REST API doesn't return geometry data for images that were added to a board:
- Without explicitly specifying image width and height.
- By copy-pasting the URL to the board, or through the Miro Web SDK.
This behavior may change in the future to return image geometry through the REST API, regardless of the image upload mechanism.
Miro Web SDK
It's possible to initially set
url, but it's not possible to update it.
/path/to/local-image.png: relative URL paths pointing to local assets aren't supported.
💡 As a workaround:
- Use the REST API to upload a local image to Miro.
- Encode a local image to a base64 data URL string, and then assign it to
This feature is: Experimental
Updated about 1 month ago
To discover the REST API and the Web SDK feature sets and to get app ideas, check their tutorial sections.