Interact with boards and items
The Miro Web SDK 2.0 exposes objects, methods, and events to build apps that expand possibilities on the Miro board UI.
Use the Miro Web SDK to build apps that interact with the board UI to create, update, or delete board items—for example: images, cards, or sticky notes—and that focus on enhancing native board functionality by providing a richer user experience.
The Miro Web SDK needs to be fully loaded on a board to be available.
Board operations are asynchronous. When boards process large volumes of asynchronous operations, it may take some time to sync the data with the server.
The Miro Web SDK enables:
- Creating board items with dedicated methods.
- Reading board item data by either getting them by type, ID, or tag; or by getting the currently selected items on the board.
- Updating item properties.
- Deleting items from the board.
The Miro Web SDK also includes methods to:
- Open and close panels and modals
- Get, set, and zoom to the viewport.
- Display informational and error notifications on the board UI.
Moreover, the Miro Web SDK events enable subscribing to and unsubscribing from selected events to listen and react to actions that occur on the board:
- Use the
onproperty to subscribe to supported events to listen to them and to react to them firing.
- Use the
offproperty to unsubscribe from supported events, when it's no longer necessary to listen to them.
Check the Miro Web SDK tutorials, and explore our repository with Miro App Examples to explore sample apps that you can use to familiarize yourself with the Miro Web SDK.
Updated 4 months ago
Get familiar with the Web SDK by building your first Web SDK Hello, world app.